A tummy tuck is the surgical procedure of removing the extra fat and loose skin from the abdominal area and waistline, and tightening up the underlying muscle. So it doesn’t just tuck in the tummy, it also restores stomach muscles that might have weakened and restores the shape and tone of the abdomen.
Sometimes you can choose to have liposuction performed on adjoining areas to achieve a more defined shape around the waistline.
Synopsis of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure in which excess skin and fat is removed from the body, and the abdominal muscles are tightened. The result is a flatter, more defined midsection.
$9,000 ~ $16,500
6 – 8 weeks before resuming physical exercise
What to Expect after Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The results obtained from the tummy tuck procedure are mostly permanent. So the look you achieve should be everlasting, except if you later gain weight naturally, by not maintaining a healthy diet or exercising regularly. The tummy tuck procedure does not stop you from gaining weight in the future.
- Although stretch marks in the abdominal region are reduced after a tummy tuck, you should not consider it a cure for stretch marks.
- If you are planning to have a baby in the future, postpone the abdominoplasty procedure until after you have delivered.
Tummy Tuck Before & After Photos
Are You a Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck?
- Have an ideal, or close to ideal, body weight
- Have maintained a stable weight for at least six months
- Want to remove extra flab and skin that is resistant to diet and exercise
- Are emotionally stable enough to undergo surgery
- Understand the risks associated with the surgery
- Have good, elastic skin
The best way to find out whether a tummy tuck procedure is right for you is to have a consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon. Before giving your consent, it is extremely important that you understand the entire procedure and the associated risks.
Our specialists will guide you through the procedure and inform you of all the risks and possible complications of surgery. There are various parameters you need to meet for us to give our approval. We’ll check your age, medical history, overall physical condition and certain other attributes.
Once we’ve carried out a full consultation, we can recommend which procedure is most suitable: complete abdominoplasty or partial abdominoplasty, also known as mini-tummy tuck.
Are You From Out of Town?
How Is a Tummy Tuck Performed?
The muscles of the abdomen are then tightened. First we shorten the muscles and then suture them together. A small incision is then made to create an opening for the belly button, through which it is brought out. The skin is then sutured together and the procedure is complete.
There are a number of things you’ll need to consider, including proper diet and care both before and after the operation, but these can be discussed in detail during a consultation.
Our Certified Plastic Surgeons perform a variety of body contouring procedures to enhance your appearance and achieve natural results.